Seven days… Seven days… Seven days…
Remember that movie The Ring? Could you imagine if your significant other crawled through your television because you got them a horrible Valentine’s Day gift?
You want something nice for your love muffin (do we still say love muffin?) but you are low on cash? Here are some ideas that will leave your partner and your pockets feeling the love.
1) Can’t get the exact words out? These cards from AllyElle will say it all. Everyone deserves to be loved like how Kanye loves himself.
2) Sweets for your sweeties. These adorable donut shaped wax melts from Tictacwax.com look good enough to eat!
3) Speaking of goodies to eat… Nothing says “I love you” more than Ice cream. I was introduced to eCreamery when I saw them on the show Shark Tank. Can’t go wrong with custom ice cream. I created my own and yes as you read this I want you to sing, My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
4) Bring homemade cookies or brownies to his office with a simple love or sexy note of what is waiting when he gets home. Oooh la la.
5) Are you free year 2098 AD around noon? If so let’s grab some coffee. These futuristic mugs will hold her heart forever.
6) If you have a way with words write a poem and frame it!
7) Make Handmade Vouchers. Giving the gift of experience is a creative and personal present that your partner would enjoy. Write out vouchers for anything from a massage to a romantic dance. Another good option is to offer an IOU for a chore your partner dislikes to do.
8) Make something together you can bake a cake or get even book a pottery class. It may not be as sexy as the movie Ghost but it will be fun and you’ll have some ashtray/vase (Vastray) looking ceramic.
9) Have a spa day right in your own home. Pour your favorite bubbles in the tub, break out your favorite bubbly and enjoy!
10) Have an indoor picnic. Cook a nice meal from scratch. If you never do any cooking, make a special effort sometime this weekend to cook up something nice. For dessert, make your own chocolate covered strawberries. Don’t forget the wine and candles!
11) Have a scavenger hunt. Write a few poems, wrap candy kisses inside, and hide them around the house. Each poem should be a clue to finding the next one. Make sure the final clue lands your mate someplace you want to end up for the entire evening. A romance package, including a bottle of champagne and new lingerie, is a nice touch.
12) Mix Tapes! Now back in the day you would actually have to make a physical tape the gesture is cute but outdated. Now you can go to a website like grooveshark.com, build your own playlist and send to your honey.
13) Make a love jar. Get an ordinary jar fill it up with “love notes” written on strips of colored paper. you can even add some glitter (or candy) to it It will look pretty from the outside. What do you love about them? Write that down it could be as sweet or as silly as you want. I love that you don’t steal all the covers.
14) Exercise together. Go running, hiking, take a yoga class, salsa dancing. Plenty of gyms/recreational centers have day passes. Get your blood flow going, all those endorphins pumping through your veins will pay off and if it leads to other things… you are welcome.
What ever idea(s) you choose make sure plenty of hugs and kisses go with it. Those are free!
Happy Valentine’s Day!