Ever since Thanksgiving I have been feeling festive so much so I decided I wanted to put up a Christmas tree! It is a big deal to me I haven’t done it in years but there is a catch. I didn’t want to shell out the moola for a fancy tree. I don’t have space to store it during the year so most likely I would have to throw it away. Not really cost effective. The solution? Make my own tree!
What you need
White spray paint
2) Fill vase with weight (sand, gems, soil etc.)
3) Begin strategically putting foam in the joints & other spots to recreate snow. WEAR GLOVES when working with this foam… don’t ask me how I know the consequences just trust me on this one.
4) Use stone spray as needed to add texture.
5) Use white spray paint to uniform the color of the foam and stone paint.
6) Use hot glue to recreate ice. You can let it drip some for effect (it looks pretty in the light.)
7) Let your tree dry and add decorations as usual.
You can make ornaments out of anything! I used old light bulbs and wire for these.
And wine corks for these two.
This was the inspiration.
I also added old bracelets to the tree.
Be creative and have fun!