Happy Holidays folks! Time to deck the halls and trim the tree! A big part of the merriment and fun of this time of year, is sending great holiday cards. Sometimes those custom holiday greeting cards can be pricey. Let us show you how to DIY a great set of cards that will leave your mama, cousin and ‘nem smiling from ear to ear!
We are going to begin our tutorial in Canva.com. Canva is a FREE desktop design software. There is a paid version but, everything we teach you today is available in the FREE.99 version.
1. For this project you are going to need to create your own dimensions for your cards. We chose a standard 6″x4″. However, you can use whatever dimensions you want! There are envelopes out there to fit anything! Select Create Custom Dimensions, in the upper right hand corner of your Canva home screen. Type in your desired dimensions in pixels, inches or millimeters. Once your new design has been created, go ahead and create as many art boards as you need. We only did three because we had three designs. You can create up to 20 in one file!
2. On the left hand side of your screen, click the elements tab. Then, go to frames. Select the frame that you want to pop your images into. You can do a collage of images or a single one like we used in our designs. There are many options so you can be creative!
3. Next, upload your desired images. Click the green Upload Your Own Images button and upload your images from your hard drive. Add the images to the frames. You can alter your images by using the filter and crop options that appear at the top of your screen when an image is selected.
4. On the left hand side of the screen, click the elements tab. Then, go to shapes. Select the shape that would best fit your design. Click inside the art board you are working on. Then, click on your desired shape and it will appear on the board. You can manipulate shapes by adjusting color, size, and transparency.
5. On the left hand side of the screen select text. Create your greeting by typing in the message you’d like to use then, adjust the font size, color and transparency using the tool bar at the top of the page. There are also many pre-made font pairings that you can customize to fit your project.
6. On the left hand side of the screen, type Christmas in the search bar. There are many FREE designs that you can incorporate into your card.
**Export your cards and print them on photo paper like THIS or cardstock like THIS.
It’s Christmas so fancy envelopes are totally allowed! Check out this cool way to add some holiday cheer to your envelopes!
1. Gather your supplies. (The supplies in the image are for the entire project, not just the envelopes…do not be alarmed! LOL!). You will need envelopes, stamps, versamark ink, embossing gun and embossing powders.
2. Ink up your stamp in Versamark ink. It’s clear but, the embossing powder adheres to it really well.
3. Sprinkle your embossing powder over the stamped area. Make sure that you do this over a piece of paper, a glitter tray or something to catch the excess powder so you can return it to it’s container.
4. Use your embossing gun to melt the powder and create your cool effect on the envelope!
Have a blast creating your own unique cards! We would love to see them!
**This post contains affiliate links.