At any given point in time I have at least 3 bottles of salad dressing in my refrigerator. Right now I have some cilantro dressing, Italian and this tomato paprika homemade gem I have here. This dressing is slightly sweet but tangy enough to add some kick to boring greens.
Add roasted tomatoes and chicken (or a protein of your choice) to make it a full meal! You can even use it as a sauce on white fish, pork chops or grilled chicken. Scroll down for the recipe.
Follow me on Pinterest for more healthy recipes!
Source: Martha Stewart
- 3/4 pound plum or other ripe tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 small clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- With a paring knife, cut a shallow x on the bottom of each tomato. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Add the tomatoes and boil 30 seconds.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the tomatoes to a bowl. When cool enough to handle, peel and discard their skin. Cut the tomatoes into quarters lengthwise. Using your fingers, discard the seeds. Transfer the tomatoes to a blender.
- Add the vinegar, sugar, garlic, and paprika, and puree until smooth. Remove the center cap, and with the motor running, add the oil in a steady stream, blending well. Season with salt and pepper.