Sun, sand and sea are all important elements of the summer but the most important one is sangria. As this season is coming to a close (not so fast we still have a days left) I have to share with you my favorite sangria recipe thus far. Previous recipes Red Wine Sangria and Citrus Vodka Sangria are more of an “investment” because it requires so many fruits but this time all you need is Strawberries!
Oh and of course rosé. There is no particular brand you need to use but Trader Joe’s has some real delicious ones and they are super affordable. Enjoy!
- 2 (750 ml) bottles rosé wine
- 2 cups vodka
- 5 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 20 strawberries fresh, hulled and sliced
- Mint leaves for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine wine, vodka, and 1/2 of the strawberries. Taste for sweetness and add sweetener if necessary, and stir.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 6.
- Just before serving, add Sprite, the rest of strawberries and gently stir.
- Serve over ice with mint garnish.