You are most likely reading this post and thinking A.V. is such a millennial… and you would be correct. My relationship with avocado has been interesting to say the least. I didn’t always love avocado because I was once young and foolish.
This recipe is super straight forward and it can be tailored to your needs. Vegan? Don’t use honey or cheese. Maybe add some arugula to up your green veggie intake. The choice is yours! It is perfect for breakfast, lunch and even a light dinner. Honestly? I am addicted to avocado toast now.
Roasted brussel sprouts can give your avocado toast an interesting texture.
- 2 slices of Whole wheat bread, toasted
- Half an Avocado
- Half a Peach, sliced
- 1 TBSP of Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 TBSP of Honey
- 1 TSP of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TSP of Lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl mix honey, lime juice and balsamic vinegar, set aside.
- Mash the avocado lightly with a fork. Top the bread with the avocado, gorgonzola and peaches.
- Drizzle honey mixture
- Sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.