Kale Is Disgusting.
Now that is out of the way we can go on to other things. Kale has a LOT of health benefits that you should consider even if it taste trashtastic.
- Kale is low in calorie, high in fiber and has zero fat.
- Kale is high in iron
- Kale is high in Vitamin K and can help protect against various cancers.
- Kale is filled with powerful antioxidants
- Kale is great anti-inflammatory food
- Kale is great for cardiovascular support.
- Kale is high in Vitamin A. Vitamin A is great for your vision.
- Kale is high in Vitamin C. This is very helpful for your immune system, your metabolism and your hydration.
- Kale is high in calcium.
- Kale is a great detox food.
Despite the excellent perks you are still not buying it? Ok, I understand. I have a solution. Pineapple! did you know that the sweet goodness of pineapple has some amazing benefits? Common cold and sinus inflammation, blood clot reduction and bone strength just to name a few.
We are well into the holiday season but it doesn’t hurt to get a jump start on your New Year’s resolution. For many of us that consist of eating healthy and losing weight. Today I am sharing one of my favorite green smoothies. Kale and Pineapple! All you need is water, kale, pineapple, greek yogurt, kiwi honey with flax/chia seeds (which is high in fiber) and a high powered blender like my Vitamix that I affectionately call Raekwon.
- 1/3 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 2/3 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Flax/Chia Seed
- 2 Cups Kale
- 1/2 Cup Pineapple
- 2 Kiwis
- 1 Tsp Honey
- Handful of ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender in the order listed. Blend until smooth. Add more water as needed to reach desired consistency. Enjoy immediately.