It is the NBA playoffs…
As a child I didn’t care too much for basketball but for some reason I always knew when it was the NBA playoffs. A main reason was because my father would always make carrot juice. Any. Given. Sunday. Did you catch my football reference? No? ok moving along. This was a glorious tradition but why do I have to wait a year for it? I prefer to enjoy during all seasons because it is that good. Traditional enough where I can tap into my Caribbean roots when making it but I still have enough wiggle room “to make it my own.” Some folks add rum, Guinness stout, ice cream you name it to come up with their own recipe. This is not the carrot juice that you get at your local health shop. I have heard that rum removes all nutritional value from anything but I could be wrong. Carrot juice is some where between a dessert and cocktail, it is also highly addictive. You have been warned.
What You Need
- 2 pounds carrots or chopped
- 1 can Condensed milk
- ½ teaspoons nutmeg/ cinnamon adjust to taste
- 1-teaspoon vanilla
- Rum adjust to taste (optional)
- 1 cup of almond milk (to “stretch” your juice without losing flavor) this is also optional.
- Skin and chop your carrots so it is easier to juice.
- Juice your carrots. I used my Omega j8006 nutrition system juicer to get every last drop of juice from the carrots.
- Combine Condensed milk, almond milk, nutmeg, vanilla and cinnamon
- Serve cold and enjoy!
This is all about customization you can add beet juice to it for more variety or you can even make it vegan by using coconut condensed milk!