Doesn’t everything sound better when you do it like a boss…
If you clicked the link I am certain you agree. Now if you aren’t familiar with my couch I will tell you a little bit about it. I host a show called The Traphouse With A.V. I interview friends about their artistic endeavors, we create DIY projects together and of course some good ‘ol #HipHopHomemaking is involved all while sitting on my couch. We have had several guests visit “The Traphouse” and unfortunately that can lead to a lot of stains. If you know anything about about microfiber fabric you know that it is impossible to clean with soap and water. What? How can something be difficult to clean with soap and water? I don’t have the answers but I know it will make your stains worse. After less than a year I have had guests almost every week and hosted brunches and parties that have lasted over 13 hours! My couch has taken a beating but I have a secret to get it back to brand new. This trick has even cleaned coconut oil spills from my hair conditioner. It may be magic, it may be sorcery. I will let you decide. Here is what you need to clean your microfiber, couch like a boss.
Here is what you need:
- 70%-99% Rubbing Alcohol
- A White (or light colored) Cleaning Rag, Sponge, or Old towel
- Bristle Brush (Natural bristles or light colored)
- An empty spray bottle
Who wants to sit on this? No one that is who.
1) Fill your spray bottle with undiluted alcohol and evenly spray the stained area. Work in small sections because alcohol dries fast. *Note* before you begin do a spot test. Every fabric is different and I wouldn’t want you to ruin your couch in the process. Also check if your couch has a cleaning warranty you may be in luck!
2) Take your cleaning cloth and scrub hard before it dries then move on to the next section. You will be surprised how much dirt comes up. Yuck again.
3) Once you the area is completely dry use a bristle brush to “re-fluff” the couch and restore its softness. I brushed it in a circular motion to get it back to better than normal. Think “Wax on, Wax off” as you do this, it helps.
In three easy steps you can bring your microfiber couch back from the brink of undersold garage sale death.
Now the couch is ready for the next shindig!