I never make a promise I cannot keep…
That is what I told my friends on Snapchat (@avdoeswhat). T’was a rainy Saturday afternoon when I should of been cleaning I decided to cook. Creating more dirty dishes that I have to wash later. It may not be sensible but the results were well worth it. My mother hung out with me for two weeks and all she did was cook. We did a little bit of crafting as well but it was mostly cooking. Honestly I believe it may be a ploy to get me to move back home. You think it is far fetched but she is a veteran so I cannot underestimate her tactics. When she was here she made some good ‘ol Jamaican curry chicken, not to be confused with Indian curry chicken or even my favorite, jerk chicken but delicious nonetheless. Days later, I have enough leftovers to feed a small army or my siblings and I am ready for a remix. Move over regular chicken salad it is time for your sassy but sweet counterpart, curry chicken salad.
What You Need:
- 1 Cup of Leftover Curry Chicken (use your own recipe or this one from Jehan Can Cook)
- 2 Tablespoons of Chopped Mango
- 1 stalk of Celery (don’t forget to recycle the “scraps”)
- 4 Sprigs of Cilantro
- 2 Stalks of Scallion
- 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise or Low fat greek yogurt
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Half of an Onion (optional)
In a bowl combine celery, scallion and cilantro.
Add the remaining ingredients and gently stir.
Eat as is or top off with tomatoes and arugula to make a sandwich.
Optional stir ins:
- Avocado (I highly recommend this, it will make you a better person)
- Sun dried tomatoes