So You Got Beans, Greens, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Lamb, Rams, Hogs, Maws, Beans, Greens, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Chicken, Turkeys, Rabbit You Name It… What about Pumpkin?
This is the season for all things pumpkin: Jack O lanterns, pumpkin spice, pumpkin pie, pumpkin-pumpkin. Doesn’t it get redundant after a while? How about trying out some new recipes for this fruit. Yes pumpkin is a fruit.
Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Puree is really the base of everything recipe here. Grab a pumpkin: Slice, scoop and de-seed your way to homemade pumpkin puree awesomeness. (via Pioneer Woman Cooks)
Pumpkin Spice Latte Body Scrub
This is magic. Whenever I use this I smell like your favorite Starbucks along with hopes and dreams. The coffee is really good to energize your skin.
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Ground Coffee
- 1/2 Cup of Pumpkin Puree (DO NOT use pumpkin pie filling
- 1 Tsp of Honey
- 1 Tsp of Nutmeg
- 1 Tsp of Cinnamon
- 3 Tsp of Olive Oil
1. Mix sugar, pumpkin, coffee, spices, honey and oil together in a small bowl until well combined. Add more or less sugar and oil based on personal preferences.
2. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
via A.V. Does What!?
Overnight Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Spice and Omega 3 Smoothie
This is a great addition to you AM smoothie regimen, sip the power of raw pumpkin, cinnamon, flax and chia seeds, while waking your senses with this nourishing smoothie packed with fiber and other great nutrients. (via Oomph)
Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Seasonings of choice (I used salt, pepper and paprika.)
- 2 Tsp of Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Clean off any major chunks of pumpkin.
- Boil seeds in salted water for 10 minutes
- Toss pumpkin seeds in a bowl olive oil and seasonings of your choice.
- Spread pumpkin seeds in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
via A.V. Does What!?
Curl up by the fire and warm yourself with some homemade pumpkin liquor. (via Food Republic)
Oh you Fancy, Huh? Perfect for harvest parties or a comforting dinner, you’re sure to get offers for seconds with this perfect, pumpkin recipe. (via Design Sponge)