A mind is a terrible thing to waste…
In this crazy world self care is so important. We all need to take time that is solely focused and dedicated to ourselves. This designated time needs to be free of distractions, external responsibilities and influence. We are all busy but our “busy” can run us ragged and cause an internal disconnect. You may not be able to identify this disconnect easily but if everything in your life seems to be “off” it might be time reset. Resetting your mind, body and spirit with some “Me Time” is essential to personal growth. Think of it as planting flowers: in order for your flowers to bloom you need to clear the weeds. Weeds in your life can be feelings of anxiety, irritability and anything else that keeps you performing at your highest level. Doesn’t have to be a long amount of time it could be as short as a “tea time” break. Here are 5 herbal teas that boost your mood, naturally.
The sleepy tea, It has been used as a solution for insomnia for centuries but it has other benefits as well but helping you get your Zzzz is its best feature.
- Promotes Sleep
- Soothes Stomach Ache
- Promotes Healthy Skin – With it’s anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties, chamomile helps in clearing up skin irritations such as eczema, acne, and allergies.
Peppermint is life. I love any and everything peppermint related I am convinced peppermint Castile soap is the closest you can get to washing your sins away in the physical form. Feeling down? Pour peppermint on your entire life and moisturize it with coconut oil.
Many cultures consider ginger the “go to” for any ailment. Cough? Ginger. Sneeze? Ginger. Broken bones? Ginger. Bad Credit? Peppermint AND Ginger. It has so many benefits but some of the best ones are:
- Relieves gas
- Aids weight loss It can speed up the metabolism, leading to calorie-burning. It can also help keep you feeling full for longer, reducing your overall calorie intake.
- Improves Blood Circulation Ginger can help thin blood, improving overall circulation, which leads to…
- Increased sex drive! The great part is that the increased circulation is in both female and male sex organs.
Lavender is one of those herbs that is all about maxing and relaxing. Feeling tense? Just a whiff of Lavender will instantly make a difference. Other uses are:
- Treatment of Convulsions A study by the Aga Khan University Medical College published in July 2000 in the “Journal of Ethnopharmacology” found that lavender has antispasmodic and anticonvulsant effects.
- Subsiding Migraines
- Fights Against Dandruff– If applied topically without sweetners
Lemon Balm Tea
Lemon Balm Tea is what happens when Lemon and peppermint come together (like Voltron) for your benefit! Much like the other teas on the list it does promote sleep because quite frankly we all could use more shut eye. Sip some of this to:
- Calms your mood
- Sharpen your mind and memory– It is said many people that suffer from Alzheimer’s disease have benefitted from drinking Lemon Balm
- Liver Support- Depending on how you spent your younger years certain toxins (alcohol, poor diet etc.) have been beating your poor liver. Lemon Balm Tea helps your liver clear out those toxins so it isn’t so stressful. LB is your homie that decides to be “that friend,” you know the one that is there no matter what especially after you make poor decisions.
Lemon Balm is the “bomb” (Get it)
When I need to reset my regimen consist of TSP (Tea, Sleep and Prayer) It gets me lined up quickly and ready to take on new projects!
Here are some of my other tips I use for #SelfCare